2. People using Internet slang like "LOL", and "ROFL" in actual conversation.
3. The fact that shows like "Hemlock Grove" can get produced, yet I can't even publish a short story.
4. Televisions in mini-vans.
5. People who wear denim on denim.
6. The man I see in the office across the street from my apartment building who works all day, every single day. Even Saturdays and Sundays when he's the only one there.
7. The fact that American Idol garners more votes than the presidential election. Every term.
8. Kids who think the 3-D Lion King movie was the first one ever released.
9. Justin Bieber and his Brazilian brothels.
10. The "share this if you ___" pictures that float around Facebook where half of them are incorrectly spelled, and the rest are ridiculous conspiracy lies, and nonfactual 'news' stories that people actually believe...
That being said, I must admit that, for every one thing that gets me down, there's a counter to it that makes me believe we might not be on the path to absolute destruction JUST yet...
The Top 10 Things That Give Me Hope for The Human Race
2. Jimmy John's lettuce wraps.
3. Dogs, the happiest creatures on earth.
4. People who still eat gluten.
5. Resale clothing stores.
6. Starbucks, Caribou, Seattle's Best, and any other brand bringing liquid joy to the world.
7. Strangers joking around on the red line.
8. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
9. People I see eating dinner together without their phones on the table.
10. Anything that makes me laugh.
Because Hemlock Grove is literally the worst show I've ever seen in my life. Hands down. Don't believe me? Try sticking around for the last episode. Just try it. I dare you.
Because Jimmy John's lettuce wraps come with avocado spread. AVOCADO. Who else does that? Nobody, that's who.
Because your snap chats can wait.
Because that's just How It Is.